The rainy season has begun in Seattle and nothing tastes better than soup on a cold, gray day. This easy recipe is very filling and warms you up from the inside out. Store individual servings in mason jars and you’ll have lunch on hand for a few days.
PUMPKIN + CURRY SOUP WITH COCONUT MILK
- 1 – 15 ounce can of pumpkin Ppuree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups or chicken/vegetable Broth
- 1 – 15 ounce can of coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon of cumin
- 1 Tablespoon red curry paste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan heat the olive oil. Add the cumin and red curry paste and roast for 1 minute. Add all additional ingredients to the pan and heat to desired temperature. Top with chopped cilantro.